Tokio Hotel USA

Go Back   Tokio Hotel USA Fanclub (official yo!) > News > In The News

Notices

Old 02-24-16, 14:46

Fan since: May 2010

Quote:
You wanna make sure your city is included in our next touring plans? Subscribe to our http://bandsintown.com/TokioHotel and let us know.
BIG picture back here show

https://www.facebook.com/tokiohotel/...type=1&theater

This sounds like we might be getting news "soon"!
Old 02-24-16, 16:10
thkoalafan

Fan since: September 4, 2010
Mood: Dream Machine is COMING!
Music: Whatever gets interested in me (: - Ms. Hussy
Excited nau!
Old 02-24-16, 20:41
♥ Team Bill

Fan since: ♥November 2006
Mood: Lovin' my sweet Bill, more than ever ♥
Music: ♥ Dream Machine
COME TO DENVERRRRR

"I like you simple, I like the way you walk. You liked me simple,
you fell for the way I talk.

8.25.08|1.15.15|7.28.15|7.30.15|8.1.15|8.3.15|4.29 .16
Old 02-26-16, 15:07
Fishie

Fan since: August 28, 2006
Don't come anywhere in the US until after December 31st

I've already taken my vacation days off this year
Turin, Italy 03.25.10
Who likes this post:
Old 02-28-16, 19:58
♥ Team Bill

Fan since: ♥November 2006
Mood: Lovin' my sweet Bill, more than ever ♥
Music: ♥ Dream Machine
make sure you guys go and suggest your city.

Last edited by Adriana; 02-28-16 at 20:21.
Old 03-17-16, 11:01
thkoalafan

Interesting tweet today:
ashamed of our roots these days. be smarter, be wiser, make the right choice! this is not our future! this is hate.

https://twitter.com/tokiohotel?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

So I know nothing about German politics, but I think the boys didn't really like the results. I have a feeling a lot of anti-migrant people might have been chosen or voter turnout wasn't good.
Ah democracy. That's how it roles, boys.
Old 03-17-16, 13:24

Fan since: 2009
Mood: Excited about new CD
Music: Tokio Hotel and Muse
Bill has said in the past that he would stay away from discussing politics and I respected that. I'm surprised at this tweet. And disappointed. Lots of you won't agree with me but I have read volumes on the European migrant situation and it's a heartbreaking story. There are lots of citizens who are rebelling against the rapes and the violence and the government coverups and that obviously is being reflected in the polls. It is so very sad our boys feel ashamed of their roots now. Very sad.
Old 03-17-16, 14:39
thkoalafan

I've heard about all the problems that's been coming from that. It is sad that the actions of a few migrants who shouldn't have been allowed to come in makes everyone fearful of all of them.
Old 03-17-16, 16:15

Fan since: Christmas Eve, 2008
Mood: New album? Yes, please!
Music: Pretty things
May not be the right thread for this, but would someone mind giving a quick run-down of the situation Bill/whoever posted is talking about? I've got that it seems to be a regional election, but I'm not familiar with the parties and their stances or what the results mean.
Old 03-17-16, 18:13
TH Sticker Girl

Fan since: Summer 2007
Mood: bored.
Music: My Ipod
I am seeing a lot of people pass judgement on this tweet, especially on twitter and some probably don't have any understanding of what is going on or even what it's referencing. So I thought maybe I can explain the bigger picture of this tweet. It goes beyond politics.

Disclaimer: I don't live in Europe, I live in the U.S. and I know a lot of people on here do too so I will try and explain what is going on based on my understanding.

First off I believe that the text is in fact about the migrant crisis in Europe. Specifically I believe it is an agreeable response to a recent quote by Chancellor Merkel that Germany must look at the bigger picture when it comes to handling the large among of refugee's seeking asylum.

The CDU (Christian Democratic Union) is the majority ruling party of Germany's Bundestag (Equivalent to the U.S. House of Representatives and The Senate here in the U.S.). Chancellor Angela Merkel is also the leader of the party. CDU is described as being Liberal-Conservative when it comes to issues, they are often considered to be equivalent to the current consensus views of the Republican party or other right-wing politics such as Libertarians. This is important to remember understanding the current political divide in the country.

Now here is my refresher on the crisis...

At the start of the crisis Europe required refugees to seek asylum in the first country they entered. This is why countries like Greece were so overwhelmed until this rule was temporarily lifted in the summer and fall. Obviously when the fear that ISIS were posing as refugee's became a reality, countries became more strict about granting asylum; while still recognizing the need to allow migrant's to move among countries. The biggest concern and control being debated among various countries whether or not proof of identification should be required to entered Europe. Problem with that is many of these people don't have such a thing, they either never did or it was destroyed.

Germany is probably one of (if not thee) most prosperous countries currently in the EU and it is the most sought after by refugee's. It is also a check point for migrants wanting to enter places such as Sweden. If Germany were to completely shut its border's to migrant's then you risk another boiling point what happened during the summer months in Greece and Italy.

Angela agree's that Germany need's to remain open, and refugee's should be quickly granted asylum. This is viewed as a very left-wing, possibly beyond current-Democratic policy. She has even been viewed as governing without her party. The majority of the CDU believe more checks and balances need to be put in place, and some members have even proposed placing limits of how many should be allowed in at a time.

This past weekend Germany held it's state election (similar to when we in the U.S. elect House of Representatives) and the CDU as you can see in the chart posted is barely hanging onto to the majority. Many are blaming this on Angela's refugee policies. It's basically very steep fall from grace when once the most powerful person in the world can now barely maintain control of her own government. It's a sad and scary situation.

So this brings us to the baby blue bar toward the right. That represents spots won by the AfD or "Alternative for Germany". They are right wing, I mean VERY RIGHT WING. Like Donald Trump, fear-mongering un-educated American political extremism right-wing. In January their leader Frauke Petry said that refugee's should shot by police if they try and enter Germany. They even said women and children were fair targets. They want to bring back the same violent and inhuman acts that were inflicted upon East Germany by West Germany during the Cold-war at the Austrian border to prevent migrant's from coming in. The AfD even has the support pf Pegida. A group of Anti-Islamist who most recently staged mock lynchings of muslims and Merkel. They also encourage open violence against Muslim's and have been found guilty of hate speech on multiple occasions. Petry has accepted this support, and even said the group is just misunderstood. Previous leaders in the AfD have been compared to Hitler, and their visions for the future Germany draw comparisons to the Fourth Reich.

So in my opinion yes TH has every right to be ashamed of their home country, just as how I am ashamed of mine because of the possibility of Donald Trump becoming the next President. Nothing good has ever come out of using fear and not reason or compromise to fix issues.

2/18/08-N.Y.C., NY -5/3/08-East Rutherford, NJ -8/7/08-Sayerville, NJ-10/29/08-Philli,PA

Last edited by shannonlovesth; 03-17-16 at 18:26.
Who likes this post: